A Compassionate Family Law Attorney You Can Trust
Most individuals have only a few interactions with the family law system during their lives, but when these interactions occur, they often come at times of crisis. Robert S. Thomas can assist you with divorce, child custody and many family law matters. Robert S. Thomas, of Robert S. Thomas, Attorney at Law, has been practicing family law and domestic relations for over 25 years.
He has extensive experience in high-asset divorce, complex litigation divorce, alimony, retirement accounts, property division, contested divorce and child support. Contact our Arlington Heights-Schaumburg office to begin the evaluation of your case.
Family Law Areas We Handle
Robert S. Thomas concentrates his practice on contested divorce, uncontested divorce, child custody and visitation, child and spousal support, property division, litigation, alternative dispute resolution, domestic violence and protective orders. Robert S. Thomas offers skilled representation and compassionate guidance to all of his clients in a wide range of areas, including:
- Divorces (contested and uncontested): Divorces of any kind can be terribly difficult to go through. If you aren’t careful in protecting your best interests, you can wind up making decisions that you might regret for years to come. An experienced attorney can help you plan ahead while also upholding your needs as their top priority.
- Property division: It can be extremely difficult to navigate the property division when the other party is being stubborn or uncooperative. We help our clients keep sight of their best interests, while also helping them in the negotiation process.
- Child custody (parental responsibilities) and child support: It is important to keep the best interest of any children involved in mind when working through a divorce. We can help you keep the decisions around custody and support fair, while also ensuring the well-being of your children.
- Alimony: Alimony is a tool that divorcees use to maintain stability after a divorce. Whether you would pay the alimony, or be the recipient, we can help make sure that alimony is a figure that is fair for your needs.
- Orders of protection: Some cases require our clients to gain an order of protection from their soon to be ex-spouse. We know how critical these orders can be for your protection, and we take every effort to earn one for you.
We Can Help
If you are contemplating divorce or struggling with another family law issue, contact a highly experienced family law attorney. Robert S. Thomas will thoroughly evaluate your situation and inform you of all your options. Call Robert S. Thomas today at 847-868-3428 for your consultation or email us here.