When Family Members Are At Odds In Illinois Probate Court
Probating the estate of a loved one is a stressful time for families. Unfortunately, disagreements about the transfer of a deceased relative’s assets and property can bring out the worst in once-loving family members. If you are facing this situation, you need an experienced probate litigation attorney who can help you navigate your options.
In greater Chicago, that lawyer is Robert S. Thomas, a veteran probate attorney with more than 25 years of experience helping clients achieve positive outcomes. At Robert S. Thomas, Attorney at Law, we routinely guide executors, trustees and beneficiaries through the legal probate process. We will aggressively protect your rights and provide honest answers and proactive remedies that you need.
Are You Contesting Or Defending A Will?
Robert S. Thomas handles all details, deadlines and documentation relating to the validity of wills. Illinois wills may be contested for the following reasons:
- Incompetency of the testator (person who created the will)
- Incapacitation of the testator
- Undue influence on the testator by another person, especially one who benefited from the will
- Mysterious last-minute changes to a will
- Former caregivers with an agenda
- Objections by disgruntled former beneficiaries
- Multiple competing wills signed by the same decedent
In addition to will contests, family members may disagree over who should act as a trustee or as the executor of probate or feel that the trustee or executor is not performing his or her duties. Our office can also assist with these types of conflicts.
Speak Confidentially With Our Attorney
To discuss your family’s probate struggles at our Arlington Heights law offices, call 847-392-5893 or contact us online. We will respond to your email promptly.